We are looking for an experienced Certified Public Accountant or financial manager to oversee financial practices, prepare financial reports, analyze all accounting data, prepare budgets, and advise management on financial strategies. This position is a management-level position that oversees bookkeeping staff.
The Accountant reports directly to the ownership and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles.
- Prepare financial statements as needed.
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process.
- Inspect account books and accounting systems to ensure they are accurate and up to date
- Examine statements to ensure accuracy.
- Manage, supervise, train and oversee staff responsible for bookkeeping, accounts payable/receivable, purchasing and payroll.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures as needed.
- Work with ownership and outside accounting firm to compute and prepare sales tax, excise tax, payroll taxes, federal/state taxes, etc.
- Work with management and outside accounting firm to assist in preparation of corporate tax returns.
- Prepare budgets and financial forecasts.
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information.
- Develop periodic reports for management.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Make recommendations and identify strategies to improve businesses efficiency.
- Make best-practices recommendations to management.
- Identify adequate cash flow to meet the business’ needs.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups.
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Develop and implement loss-prevention strategies.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Develop appropriate responses to regulatory agencies and other outside entities to financial inquiries, along with outside accounting firm and General Counsel.
- Degree in Accounting and current CPA licensed in Pennsylvania and/or MBA in finance.
- Experience as a controller in a company with 50+ employees a preferred, but not required.
- Successful experience working for at least 3-5 years in accounting or finance, with a strong perference to experience in the hospitality and/or manufacturing industries.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Excellent accounting software user, specifically Quick Books.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Ability and willingness to treat others with dignity, respect and kindness.
Competitive salary dependent upon experience and relevant qualifications. Benefits available upon meeting eligibility requirements. Tired Hands Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Download the job application:
Click here to Download an application in WORD format
Email the completed application and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.