The primary objective of the porter/busser position at Tired Hands is to provide support where support is needed. You will be expected to keep the Fermentaria clean and orderly for opening and you will be expected to assist with restocking, clearing tables/areas of the bar, running food/drinks, and assisting staff when necessary. An eye for detail and the ability to work with little guidance will go a long way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work at least two days a week in the mornings to clean floors, windows, etc.
- Set up the restaurant to the company cleanliness standards
- Communicate with facilities manager to keep up with chemical inventories
- Keep supplies neat and orderly
- Assist in running multiple drinks on a tray to any section in the restaurant
- Assist in running multiple plates in hand to any section of the restaurant
- Assist in backing up the bar with supplies
- Be able to answer any question a guest may have regarding food/beer
- Assist in other needs as assigned.
- Be nice.
- Be on time.
- Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop frequently & lift up to 40lbs
- Must be able to work in a standing position long periods of time.
Prep Cooks, Line Cooks & Dishwashers (Full-Time & Part-Time available)
Tired Hands Brewing Company is now accepting applications for cooks and kitchen personnel for our new Fermentaria location. Our new menu requires that appropriate technique be executed to the highest standard. The highest quality work is absolutely critical to uphold our commitment to artisanal craftsmanship. In this position you will focus on our taco-centric menu and learn how to operate within a true team environment.
- An unwavering commitment to self-improvement.
- Willingness to learn, and to uphold standards of excellence at all times.
- Ability and willingness to follow directions precisely.Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 50lbs. to waist level, repeatedly lift up to 25lbs. over your head, work on your feet for up to 8 consecutive hours, and carry supplies up and down stairs without difficulty.
- Highly developed understanding of ingredients, techniques, and operations of high-end cooking.
- Serious attention to detail (the more specific and minute without losing sight of the big picture, the better!) Must have meticulous cleaning and proper food handling standards.
- Serve safe certification a plus!
- A positive attitude is essential.
- A demonstrated history of being punctual and reliable (please provide references!)
- Must have meticulous cleaning and proper food handling standards.
- Experience with front of house operations is very good. Well-developed communication skills (show us in your well-crafted cover letter!)
- Self-awareness and self-accountability: we hold ourselves to high standards, all candidates should do the same without being forced by their superiors to do so.
- Flexible schedule and availability to work weekends and late nights.
- Work ethic can't be taught.
- Must be able to work at least 35 hours per week.
Competitive salary dependent upon experience and relevant qualifications. Benefits available upon meeting eligibility requirements. Tired Hands is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply.